- Group type
- Purpose of the group
- Group size
- Member selection criteria
- Group goals
- Behavioral ground rules for participating
- Criteria and methods for termination or graduation from group
Check out the LCDC online study guide and prepare effectively for the Alcohol and Drug Counselor Exam (ADC).
Directly from the Texas Administrative Code, follow the link
From one of my favorite SAMHSA Publications
TIP 52 – Clinical Supervision and Professional Development of the Substance Abuse Counselor
Each counselor goes through different stages of development. The movement through these stages is not always linear and can be affected by changes in assignment, setting, and population served.
Go to my Downloads page to download this table and TIP 52.
Physical, behavioral, and psychological signs and symptoms of substance abuse. Short and clear. Very useful information.
- Recognize issues that are beyond the counselor’s knowledge and skills.
- Consult with appropriate resources in order to secure the provision of effective treatment services.
- Abide by applicable laws, regulations, and agency policies in regards to client’s confidentiality.
- Explain the rationale for the consultation to the client, if appropriate.
Miller, Geri. “Learning the Language of Addiction Counseling.” 2nd ed.