Home » Alcohol Drug Counselor Exam 2016
Category Archives: Alcohol Drug Counselor Exam 2016
Alcohol and Drug Counselor Exam 2016 – Online Study Guide
The best online study guide since 2012 to pass the Alcohol and Drug Counselor certification exam by the IC&RC. Prepare more effectively, and if you have failed the test before this study guide will help you focus only on the topics covered on the test.
What to expect
- Self-paced online study guide – 24/7 access to online materials to study at your own convenience (no lectures!)
- Affordable subscription options
- Recommended readings and online resources
- Learning objectives outline
- Videos, notes, and quizzes
The online study guide includes:
4 Performance Domains
Based on the Candidate Guide for the IC&RC Alcohol and Drug Counselor (ADC) Examination
- Domain I: Screening, Assessment, and Engagement
- Domain II: Treatment Planning, Collaboration, and Referral
- Domain III: Counseling
- Domain IV: Professional and Ethical Responsibilities
12 Core Functions for Addictions Counseling
- Global Criteria
- Preparing people for change
Pharmacology of Addiction
- Drugs of abuse
- Theories for the treatment and counseling of substance abuse and addiction
- Understanding the 12-Step approach
- How to use the DSM V diagnostic criteria
RECENT CHANGE TO THE ADC EXAMINATION – Questions with Three and Four Choices
Candidate Preparing for IC&RC’s ADC examination should note that starting in March of 2016, the ADC examination will have questions with either three (3) or four (4) choices. Read more…
The questions on the ACD/LCDC (Substance Abuse Counselor exam) are multiple choice, just as before, but with either three (3) or four (4) choices. The structure of the questions is the same in that there is only one correct answer (for questions with only one correct answer and two or three false answers), or best answer (for questions with more than one correct answer, but only one is the best answer that includes all the other correct answers).
The Umbrella method is still effective for questions with one best answer. The Umbrella method is the one in which you choose the answer that includes the other correct answers, therefore you end up choosing the best answer. For this kind of questions is necessary that you are very familiar with the topic so that you can identify all the potential correct answers and the main answer that includes them.
Visit: lcdcexamreview.com – Online Study Guide for the Alcohol and Drug Counselor exam
Subscribe to the Online ADC/LCDC Exam Study Guide.