Home » Posts tagged 'Counseling' (Page 2)
Tag Archives: Counseling
Counseling requires the utilization of special skills in order to assist individuals, families, and groups in achieving objectives through the exploration of a problem, the examination of attitudes and feelings, the consideration of alternative solutions, and decision making.
- Select the counseling theory (ies) that is/are more appropriate.
- Apply techniques to help the client, family, or group explore problems and their effects.
- Apply techniques to help the client, family, or group examine behaviors, attitudes, and feelings.
- Individualize counseling based on cultural, gender, age, and lifestyle differences.
- Elicit solutions and decisions from the client.
- Implement the treatment plan.
Miller, Geri. “Learning the Language of Addiction Counseling.” 2nd ed.