Home » Alcohol Drug Counselor Exam
Category Archives: Alcohol Drug Counselor Exam
The best online study guide since 2012 to pass the Alcohol and Drug Counselor certification exam by the IC&RC. Prepare more effectively, and if you have failed the test before this study guide will help you focus only on the topics covered on the test.
What to expect
- Self-paced online study guide – 24/7 access to online materials to study at your own convenience (no lectures!)
- Affordable subscription options
- Recommended readings and online resources
- Learning objectives outline
- Videos, notes, and quizzes
The online study guide includes:
4 Performance Domains
Based on the Candidate Guide for the IC&RC Alcohol and Drug Counselor (ADC) Examination
- Domain I: Screening, Assessment, and Engagement
- Domain II: Treatment Planning, Collaboration, and Referral
- Domain III: Counseling
- Domain IV: Professional and Ethical Responsibilities
12 Core Functions for Addictions Counseling
- Global Criteria
- Preparing people for change
Pharmacology of Addiction
- Drugs of abuse
- Theories for the treatment and counseling of substance abuse and addiction
- Understanding the 12-Step approach
- How to use the DSM V diagnostic criteria
Effective on February 1, 2017 the Alcohol and Drug Counselor (ADC) certification exam by the IC&RC will no longer include the long case study at the end of the exam. Instead, multiple smaller vignettes of 1-2 paragraphs will be added, and each will have 3-5 questions. The rest of the test will stay the same, and the number of questions remains the same: 150 total questions.
Candidates currently registered to take the test on or after February 1, 2017 will take the new test with the small vignettes (short cases) at the end.
Candidates registered to take the test before February 1, 2017 will take the current test, which includes the 13-question long case study at the end.
Prepare effectively for the ADC examination, subscribe today!